Monday, December 13, 2010

First digital collage attempt

I have just been amazed at all the beautiful collage images on flickr I could spend hours just looking around on there (and I have) another great place is The Graphics Fairy  I can just get lost looking through all her images but I have never really just sat down and enjoyed trying to create my own collage so I thought now that I have decided to set time aside for ME TIME (doing something that I want to do) that I would start playing around with some of the wonderful graphics that kind people are sharing and maybe even make a few gifts by printing my collages onto tissue paper and  mod  podging  them to canvas that is if they turn out good enough that I would want to give them as gifts.   Here is my first attempt and it is so strange because I had something in  mind and even some of the images that I wanted to use and after playing for a couple of hours (which didn't seem that long at all) I stopped and look at my creation and it wasn't anything that I had planned in my mind but I liked it better.
The floral background texture is from the Playing with brushes group on flickr.  The bird and bird cage and music background are all from The Graphics Fairy.  I'll let ya'll know how my modge podge idea turns out.  I'm linking to Brag Monday at The Graphics Fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment