Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring Fever!!!

Spring was not in the air around here on the first day of spring we had 7" of snow.  It really sucked because the day before it was sunny and in the low 70s. You really have to learn how to roll with the punches as far as weather goes around here.   I still have spring fever, I have onions, carrots, radishes, lettuce, garlic in the ground and they are doing good.  I built me a little seeds starting shelf and got some seeds started....so bring on Spring!!!

Seeds started indoors:
TOMATOES:
BUSH EARLY GIRL (2/23)
RUTGERS (2/23)
MARTINO'S ROMA (2/23)
EARLY WONDER (2/23)
SUNGOLD (2/23)
BLACK CHERRY (2/23)
BLACK KRIM (2/23)
JET STAR (2/23)

EGGPLANTS:
PROSPEROSA (2/23)
LAVENDER TOUCH (2/23)

PEPPERS:
HOT:
MUCHO NACHO JALAPENO (2/7)
CHICHIMECA JALAPENO (2/7)
GRANDE JALAPENO (2/7)
SWEET:
MARCONI RED (3/1)
MARCONI GOLDEN (3/1)
BLUSHING BEAUTY (2/7)
ROUMANIAN RAINBOW (2/7)
SWEET BANANA (2/7)

Here are some of my last season's garden pictures.


              I love mixing herbs, veggies and flowers in the garden, it really can help bring the good bugs.

This is my niece who thinks the only reason I plant okra is for her to hide under.

No comments:

Post a Comment