Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Chocolate chip oatmeal cookies!!!

My youngest son loved making cookies when he was younger he would make cookies and give them to everyone.  He got the nickname cookie which he can not outgrow at sixteen years old 6'1" 240 lbs he still gets called cookie.  I think he is tired of being called cookie and I don't think his hunting buddies ( lots of uncles and his dad) are not likely to stop calling him it for awhile because he is the baby of the family and it is always hard for the baby to grow-up when it seems no one will let him.  Cookie the baby Caleb has worked since he was 13 yrs old skinning deer for a local meat processor, roofing houses, hauling hay, building fences all these manly man jobs and the poor kid can't grow out of being the baby.

Caleb during Turkey season
 

Well here is a yummy cookie recipe I helped him make that first time he made cookies.

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
 Preheat oven 375
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup shortening
3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon hot water
1 cup chopped pecans
1 (12 oz) bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 quick oats

In a small bowl sift flour, soda and salt together
In a separate large bowl, cream together shortening, sugar; and eggs.
Stir in hot water, vanilla and flour mixture.
add remaining ingredients and mix well.
Drop from a teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet.
Bake for 8-10 mins.

2 comments:

  1. I prefer my chocolate chip cookies with oatmeal (I feel at least they're sort of healthy that way LOL)!

    Thanks for dropping by my blog - it's really nice to "meet" you!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way if I can add something that sounds healthy to a recipe I don't feel the guilt as much....ha ha ha. You have some great ideas on your blog.

    ReplyDelete